Beer Recipes | Whipped Cream & Ribs for your Gluttonous Lifestyle
We here at Good Robot know you don’t get enough beer in your weekly diet. That’s why we’re happy to introduce our new line of beer recipes. Now, every orifice of your being can be saturated with rich, finely crafted Good Robot ale.
Chocolate Porter Whipped Cream
Total time: 10 m
Serves: 8 generous globs
Our all-new Yas Queen – Chocolate Porter comes out Thursday, December 21. Featuring 4 types of chocolate, this beer is a sweet treat for indulgent, gluttonous sinners everywhere. This beer recipe was tried and tested by Rebekah Ann at the Glee Club Pancake Breakfast and ran out in minutes.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Yas Queen – Chocolate Porter
- Can substitute Damn Fine Coffee & Cherry Pie – Pale Ale or Tom Waits for No One – American Stout (or other Nova Scotia craft beer)
Prep 10 m
Total time 10 m
- Beat whipping cream and icing sugar in mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add vanilla and Yas Queen – Chocolate Porter and beat until peaks form again.
- Drizzle over self in bathtub.
Coffee Beer Beef Short Ribs
Total time: 45 m (active) + 8 h (passive)
Serves: 16 lucky ducks
The ever-popular Damn Fine Coffee & Cherry Pie – Pale Ale returns Thursday, December 28. And what better way to take days off your life calendar than fatty meat marinated in caffeine and ethanol? Thanks to Glen Chiasson for this beer recipe, also tried and tested at the Glee Club Pancake Breakfast. Unfortunately, the ribs ran out so quickly I didn’t snag a picture, so enjoy this trademark-infringed stock photo.
- 1.3 kg of beef short ribs
- 1 onion
- 1 cup dried mushrooms soaking in water
- 1 cup Damn Fine Coffee & Cherry Pie – Pale Ale
- Can substitute Tom Waits for No One – American Stout (or other Halifax craft beers)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Italian herb blend
- Beef stock (if required)
Prep 10 m
Cook 35 m (active) + 8 h (passive)
Total time 45 m (active) + 8 h (passive)
- Salt and pepper both sides of short ribs and brown them in a hot pan with olive oil.
- Remove short rib from pan and add cut up onion and garlic until browned.
- Deglaze pan with Damn Fine Coffee & Cherry Pie – Pale Ale.
- Pour half of the pan contents into slow cooker along with half of the soaked mushrooms.
- Place short ribs into slow cooker add remaining pan contents and mushrooms including mushroom water over the beef.
- Top up with beef stock to cover beef, if necessary.
- Set Crock-Pot to lowest setting and cook ribs for 6-8 hours until beef is tender.
- Let ribs cool overnight.
- Remove beef and set aside.
- Transfer juices into a pot adding Italian herb blend.
- Blend juice concoction with hand blender until smooth.
- Reheat concoction on stovetop until simmering.
- Add short rib into gravy and heat through.
- Re-season to taste.
- Enjoy as smoothie during alcohol- and caffeine-fueled 22 km marathon.
And there you have it! Two wonderful beer recipes for your holiday blues. Remember: if it’s not Good Robot, it’s probably good for you.
Check out what’s currently on tap to develop your own recipes. All Recipes and CraftBeer.com have a wealth of craft beer recipes. Or check out who’s currently cooking in our kitchen to try some professionally made beer recipes. Or if you’re feeling particularly vicious, check out the results of our online survey to see what people really think of us.